Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

50 Best selling albums of all time

Agaton Sax

I'm sorry. I stole this straight from Myles Astor's Audio Nirvana site but it is too good to pass:

Surprised at some of them? I was so, everybody's taste is not the same. I keep repeating to myself "There is no bad music, only bad listeners" - meaning me. But still, whew!

fetch

Hats off to Adele, a recent artist who makes it twice.

Some of my favourite albums are on the list so it MUST be right šŸ˜‰, but sheesh, some of the others...slet Morissette whined her way to 33m copies???

the only album on there that i actually still listen to occasionally & enjoy is #39 - tracy chapman.

List also incorrect, Bat out of hell has sold more than 43 million copies so that is probably not a list of international sales.

Ingvar
Ingvar!

Hope! Maybe you gave me hope that humanity is better than I thought! Maybe it is that curious world that seems to start in New York and end in Los Angeles. That world that sometimes, but only sometimes, includes Alaska and Hawaii. Where there is a world series of basket -or base- or some - ball.

Maybe it is the 50 best-selling records of all time among Trump supporters in Florida old age homes. Maybe....

Hope, Johan, hope is the last thing deserting us, and we donĀ“t have to rely on the girls/guys throwing/kicking round or somewhat round balls
for no seemingly good reason to keep that hope up.

On a dark day thou it is good to have Warren to lean back on.

Ingvar

everybody's taste is not the same..................... so true , must confess ...........did listen to # 13 and # 30 ( once) a long time ago , did not particularly care for either šŸ¤­

I'm sorry. I stole this straight from Myles Astor's Audio Nirvana site but it is too good to pass:

Surprised at some of them? I was so, everybody's taste is not the same. I keep repeating to myself "There is no bad music, only bad listeners" - meaning me. But still, whew!

fetch

Something to consider...
This should be seen as main stream media. Most albums sold does not mean the best music. It means it was the album marketed the hardest.
If it was best music, where is Karajan's Requiem? Where is Cincinnati's orchestra's recording of 1812? Getz/Gilberto girl from ipanema...
Sure there is music out there that is VASTLY more musical.... but this list is simply who sold the most. All marketing. At least my teen daughter seen the light and stopped listening to BTS who may make this list soon with girls entering adolescence. She now comes to me with music requests like Paul Anka's Put your head on my shoulder and several songs from dirty dancing and grease with which I have much more tolerance with. Even Bacara. (She still listens to some sh!tty rap as well)

I'm surprised that I actually have 14 of them. I may have 15 (think I still have a taped copy of Rumours), however, apart from the lowest ranked of the Pink Floyd, Led Zep 2 and Nirvana, I'm not very clear on when I last listened to them in most cases. I probably know the words to at least two aongs on each though so they were very much plugged at the time and afterwards ad infinitum

Back