Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

CD Collecting

Cowboy

Administrator
Vintage Records in Pinetown closed their Pineville Junction shop last month and their very sparse social media profile on Facebook tells of a new shop situated in the premises of Garden Delights, which is a nursery across the road from the Highway Hospice in Hatton Estates, Pinetown.

So I went there this afternoon because of load shedding and walking around the nursery I saw nothing to indicate the presence of a record shop. Dejected and on my way out a kind African lady asked me if I needed some help and I said I was looking for Vintage Records. Oh, that's in the shed with the aquarium stuff, she politely advised. So I went back there and lo and behold, tucked away in a very dark corner of this shed was a section containing some records, CD's and DVD's. Luke's shop, albeit somewhat abbreviated from the previous version.

There's a young lass minding the checkout area and I asked her if the record shop was open and she said yes it was. So I went into the darkness to browse. The first rack of CD's I looked at I saw at least 6 or 7 titles that I have on my wish list. But, it's January bru and if I go crazy buying whatever my eyes desire I might be moving into a shack of my own. And of course with Luke not there to negotiate a better price for a batch, I had to limit myself to 4 of the titles.

IMG_5229.JPG

Cash convertors near me R3.80 per disk
The last time I went into one of their stores they didn't have any media other than games for consoles. I do recall prior to that buying a few disks for about a Rand or two.

The Highway SPCA charity shops have quite a few, but they mostly get snapped up by resellers so it's the dregs you find there.

Back