Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Garrard MRM-101 NR Pre-Amp

Family_Dog

Administrator
Website
www.repcom.co.za
Browsing the old forum, I came cross this post that I made on July 11th, 2011. It piqued my interest because I should still have this item......... somewhere!

---
So while I was digging up the Proton Amp & Tape Deck discussed in another thread, I came across something else I had forgotten about.

Was considering selling it but I think I will hang on to it a bit longer. Have not tested it yet but I am curious to see how it performs.

* Photos are from the Internet, my own unit is packed away!

From Vinyl Engine:
---

Garrard MRM 101

Music Recovery Module

Garrard MRM 101
Description

The MRM 101 (Music Recovery Module) is designed to remove the objectionable noises heard when a phono pickup meets a scratch on the record being played.

It is not intended to remove all noises associated with old, worn or generally dirty records.

Since these noises occur in an almost continuous manner, their detection could lead to the removal of a substantial proportion of the original recording.

The MRM contains a high quality stereo preamplifier with magnetic phono inputs.

This allows the MRM to be simply and directly connected to the amplifier 'aux' or 'tuner' inputs.

The scratch detection circuit recognises the whole waveform of the scratch and distinguishes it from the peaks of the recorded music.

In order to make the decision to remove the scratch, the channels are individually delayed by a few milliseconds without limiting the audio frequency range.

After recognising the scratch, a specially designed network isolates the signal for sufficient time for the scratch noise to pass out of the delay line.

Specifications

Input: suitable for cartridges with an output of 0.7 to 2mV

Input impedance: 47k ohm

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Dynamic range: greater than 100dB

Distortion: less than 0.1% THD

Channel balance: better than 2dB

Nominal output: 300mV RMS

Power supply: 120V AC 50/60Hz 7VA or 220/240V AC 50/60Hz 7VA

Dimensions: 378 x 298 x 71mm

Weight: 3.7kg

----

1709727608326.jpeg

1709727636912.jpeg

1709727665340.jpeg

-F_D

Have you ever tried it? And if so, how well did it work? It is definitely a fascinating piece of audiophilia.

Back