Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Internet Radio Stations - Do you also listen to them?

Family_Dog

Administrator
Website
www.repcom.co.za
I would be interested in hearing from others who listen to Internet Radio stations. Obviously the quality is not up to Audiophile expectations but as far as I am concerned, it doesn't have to be, I use it for background listening and the quality is certainly not too shabby either. Many of the high bit-rate stations sound much better than any of our local FM stations that have their audio compressed to hell.

I listen to mainly Old School Classic Hits (60s, 70s, 80, 90s) and have about 150 of these stations stored in my 'Favourites' folder. Most of my devices use the 'Tune-In' app but what T-I displays on one device cannot necessarily be found in another (different) device at all. Some of the stations are stored under one name in T-I but another name in another device.

Other devices make use of the V-Tuner app which used to be free for users but now charges a nominal annual subscription (but only $3 per device) and certainly worthwhile.

So am I the only one who enjoy fiddling through the 100,000+ Internet Radio stations or do I have mates here? 🍻

-F_D

Currently, the IR stations I listen to mostly are:

Atlantis Radio - Surrey & North Sussex, UK (60s)
Amber Radio - Norfolk UK (60s, 70s)
Gold UK - (Oldies, Classic Rock, Motown)
Greatest Hits Radios London - (70, 80, 90s)
Nation Radio 80s - UK (80s)
U105 - Ireland (80s)
Smooth 80s - Adelaide, Australia
Cruise123 - Adelaide, Australia

Tons of other stuff, that's just the beginning.

-F_D

Don't think it qualifies as an internet station, per se, but I listen to BBC Radio 2 online. No ads, great. Jeremy Vine, not so great.

not very frequently, but i do listen to radio paradise from time to time.
they have a very carefully curated playlist, & also a forum to discuss the tracks (though i haven't logged in to the forum for ages now).
i have discovered a ton of great music there.

I am a daily listener of these three on Tune In: Hi Online Classic Radio, Jazz and Gold. Streaming from the Netherlands 320kbps, 16 bit, 44Hz. No ads, no talking. Well curated imo. Pure pleasure.

Back