Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Mr B's Random Thoughts and Favourite Tracks.

I'll be posting all kinds of nonsense here. Most of which will be tracks and artists I discover and love on my musical journey.

Importantly, it will be a journal for when I'm old and forgetful (if I'm not there yet)... so I can refer back to it... if I remember it's here.

The only support the Irish will be getting from me today. Glen Hansard. Lovely recording. Tonight we arch rivals. 🇿🇦

Screenshot_20230923_123041_Volumio.jpg

So today was a rather chilled day. Wife and daughter went shopping while I enjoyed all the tracks posted above. Then late this afternoon I had a little fun with the table saw. No no, nothing like that. All digits still attached. 😜

Cable lifters make zero difference in my experience, but well I just love taking old bits of wood and turning them into something useful, so cable lifters....

IMG-20230923-WA0026.jpeg

One piece of reclaimed wood was soon sliced and diced on the table saw...

Blunt blade made my workshop look like a cannabis hangout...

IMG-20230923-WA0031.jpeg

IMG-20230923-WA0034.jpeg

A little sanding with 60 grit and things start looking good...

IMG-20230923-WA0040.jpeg

With the weather in Cape Town being so hectic, I packed up at 17:30 and put them in place for a little listen.

20230923_171022.jpg

And what do you know... no difference to the sound whatsoever, but them Cardas cable will stay clean now. 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Back