Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Step down transformer help needed

Trompie67

For reasons best left unexplained we have a new Keurig Coffee Brewer at CasaDaTrompie.

It is from USA/Canada and thus needs a step down transformer.

Specs of the machine are 120V, 60Hz & 1520W.

My (very) limited electrical knowledge tells me a 2000W step down transformer should do the trick?

Would this one from GeeWiz work?

All learned advice appreciated, thanks ☺️ Having it blow up & magic smoke escape is not an option.

You Sir are indeed correct. That should work. Also have a look at Takelot and ACDC dynamics, pricing may be better. Places like Loot or Rabtron Makro also.

Google search: 2000W 110-220V transformer stepdown

Groetnis

Upvote 0
Thought you might like to know if not already known.

Dolché Italy makes a one shot machine that is based on the Keurig.

Did not know this, thank you. However the Keurig is already in the kombuis, so we'll have to make do with it! :D

Am collecting the step down transformer from Geewiz today, so will report back over the weekend - either SWAMBO will be happy & able to use the 200+ K-Cups she brought back from her trip to the USA, or there will be sparks, magic smoke escaping & Tromps in the doghouse!

Upvote 0
I am pleased to report that the doghouse shall remain empty this weekend!
Step down transformer works like a charm, the house was filled with the aroma of vanilla coffee this morning (Blegh, why drink flavoured coffee? 🤮)
SWAMBO and girl-child are happy.
Therefore Trompie is happy.
Also.
The Lavazza medium roast is yummy. Haven’t tasted that since the days of the Brazilian Coffee Shop era!

IMG_5980.jpeg

Upvote 0
Back