Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Streaming Deezer and the demise of mysqueezebox.com

naboo

I want to stream Deezer from a Rapberry Pi and "control" it via Deezer on my phone.

I recently managed to get Deezer streaming via a raspberry Pi running a piCorePlayer installation that includes LogitechMS. LMS has a plug-in for Deezer and the software "squeezebox" that it uses authenticates your Deezer account via mysqueezebox.com

So, after the switch-off on 1 Feb, my streaming solution for Deezer will probably stop working.

I have tried installing a browser on RPi, as well as Android. With those, you can theoretically "run" Deezer, and connect via Deezer Connect on your phone but the solution is buggy as hell and simply not worth the trouble.

Has anyone else found a solution to this issue (read the first line again)?

Oh, and by the way, if you depend on mysqueezebox.com or uesmartradio.com in any way, head on over to https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...uesmartradio-com-and-mysqueezebox-com-servers and figure out how much trouble you're in...

Yep, also pissed of about that. I only do IR radio though, nothing else. Busy setting up a Pi3 to run LMS from.

-F_D
I'd recommend piCorePlayer, it includes LMS as part of the installation and has a great Web gui for configuration. You can use the Material skin plugin which makes it mobile friendly.

Really enjoyed this for a couple of days šŸ˜‚

The MSB forum has so many topics on this that one does not know where to begin. What version PiCore Player are you using, I believe version 9 is out already. Also, I have a Pi3B that I wish to use, I'm just waiting for the 5v PSUs to arrive. I hope it will be suitable, have no idea how much RAM etc it has.

I might call on you with tears in my eyes, I can barely spell Linux far less operate it.

-F_D

naboo, which version of PiCore Player should I choose? Option 2? I would have liked OPTION 3: COMPLETE MUSIC SYSTEM WITH INTEGRATED PLAYER AND SERVER (Squeezelite and LMS). I only wish to use the Pi3 for Internet radio stations, nothing else.

PiCorePlayer

-F_D

Apologies @Family_Dog , only checking forum now. As far as I recall, I downloaded the latest stable version and then used the "custom img file" to select and write it to the sd card. Edit:checked now, it is 8.2.0

I learnt from the same source you quoted in comment #7, but it is rather confusing to start off with. I think I have a better understanding now than on the weekend, and if you need help drop me a pm and we'll get in touch and sort it out.

Fwiw, I seem to have found a alternative to keep Deezer going, albeit not hi-res at this stage. Will share detail a bit later.

I'm really disappointed in Deezers' support for streaming, bit I still prefer them to Spotify, so hopefully they will come to the party in due course.

If you willing to consider Tidal or Qobuz music services, the Volumio OS on a Pi is a winner. You can even use Tidal Connect then to bypass the need for using the Volumio client altogether.

The software certainly isn't perfect with some UI glitches, but for the most part it's rock solid. Is connect to external music services on Volumio you need a paid subscription which cost R600 or so a year.

If you willing to consider Tidal or Qobuz music services, the Volumio OS on a Pi is a winner. You can even use Tidal Connect then to bypass the need for using the Volumio client altogether.

The software certainly isn't perfect with some UI glitches, but for the most part it's rock solid. Is connect to external music services on Volumio you need a paid subscription which cost R600 or so a year.
I don't need any of the paid for volumio features, the free version is fine for me.

Qobuz is not available locally (I prefer not getting funky with vpns etc).

In the end, I think I will stay on Deezer hifi family, in order to prevent a public lynching of self. I will take out a single tidal hifi for streaming to my hifi. Unless one of the clever guys over at slim devices.com come up with a Deezer solution (this is quite possible, the primary hurdle seems to be a legal one).

Back