Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Vintage Gear - Specs & Other Information:

Family_Dog

Administrator
Website
www.repcom.co.za
Following a request by a member here, I am opening this sticky for members to post technical and other literature concerning components that were in common use in years gone by. This could be of assistance to fellow-lovers of Vintage Gear, specifically where there appears to be no other information available on the Internet.

Let's not dilute this thread by unnecessary chatter, feel free to start a new topic if necessary, but feel free to reply to any post here if you so wish.

-F_D

REX / CALRAD OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS:

This is the manufacturer's data sheet for the REX / CALRAD Output Transformers. I use the H30-66 with my Mullard 5-20s.

Click on the image for better resolution.

-F_D

Attachments

• 1699957373632.png
    1699957373632.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 4
I have scanned an 8-page document issued by the J E Sugden Company, referring to the following products:

A51 Stereophonic Power Amplifier
C51 Control Unit
A21 Series Two Integrated Amplifier

If anyone wants a copy, I'll load it into Dropbox.

1699957618232.jpeg

Some interesting info on this combo may be found here, from where the pic above is captured:

-F_D

@Spurge, Dec 19 2021:

The first speaker on the list is the Heresy by Klipsch.

I scanned the Richard Allan C41 Control Unit & A 41 Power Amplifier user manual, including specifications, schematics and some service notes.

1699957813924.jpeg

Will load into Dropbox should anyone want a copy.

-F_D

Labour of Love...

I was repairing a Pioneer Receiver some years back, part of my vintage collection, and I found this test report inside the receiver. I had forgotten about this but came across the moth-eaten report yesterday which I had hoarded.

The original supplier was a well-known and respected company, represented at the time in both CT & JHB. I met the man himself many years ago in JHB and he was kind enough to run a spech-check with his Audio test gear on one of my newly-built Mullard 5-20 amps. I was chuffed: I was still a school kid!

Here is the PDF copy of the original test report, the 3rd page was a separate paper but I lumped it all together so there are now two pages.

Thanks you Lovell Proctor!

The Test report in the PDF file is a bit difficult to make out (Technicians are not known for their hand-writing ability!) but it appears to be this one, Pioneer FMB-101.

1699958090192.jpeg
-F_D

Back