Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Vinyl Fair @ Railways Cafe, Irene (midway between PTA and Midrand), Sat 25 Nov, 2023

muxukai

Hey All. Come join us at the Railways Cafe Vinyl Fair, Irene. It's the last one of the year and sure to be a cracker.

Take a look at a selection of what's in my crates. (All pictured records are preloved - the way I, personally, prefer to buy/sell records.)

A few other seasoned PTA/Joburg dealers there with their own selection of vinyl gold. Definitely worth coming to take a look.

Hope to see some of you there... Come say howzit.

When: Saturday 25 November, 2023
Where: Railways Cafe, Irene
Time: 10AM – 2PM

Please note: Records only available in person, at the fair.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 14
Great selection that.
Thank you, sir. I do try and bring good stuff when I sell. That's also why I am only an occasional seller at fairs...

3 other dealers bringing completely different stuff. Really going to be a great selection overall. Should be an excellent day out for buyers/sellers.

Last edited:
1000039973.jpg

I see this pic quite often but didn't know the music. To satisfy my curiosity, I used Google lens to find the album. Listened to it while reading last week on a flight to Cape Town.

Man, I love finding unknown music that really resonates with me, so thanks for the intro.

I also read up about the album, the recording is rich with history, an Indiana Jones story with lost tapes etc. Probably a bad analogy but I found it quite interesting.

View attachment 3981

I see this pic quite often but didn't know the music. To satisfy my curiosity, I used Google lens to find the album. Listened to it while reading last week on a flight to Cape Town.

Man, I love finding unknown music that really resonates with me, so thanks for the intro.

I also read up about the album, the recording is rich with history, an Indiana Jones story with lost tapes etc. Probably a bad analogy but I found it quite interesting.

My pleasure. So much amazing music from back in the day very much worth looking into.

The King Crimson... Iconic sleeve art. Album is just as good. And came out in 1969. Quite amazing.

YouTube: 21st Century Schizoid Man... what a track.

Some of my other personal favourites from the images I posted, above...
  • The Breeders – Last Splash
  • Pixies – Doolittle
  • The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
  • R.E.M. – Murmur
  • Kraftwerk – Man-Machine
  • Lou Reed – Transformer
And some more obvious ones...
  • Rodriguez – Cold Fact
  • U2 – Joshua Tree Album
  • Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffiti
  • Bob Marley and the Wailers – Legend
Worth noting that each of the albums on the list above were only put up for sale because they’re duplicates. Otherwise they'd be going nowhere.

Back