Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Audeze headphones

drifter

Audeze is a renowned audio company that has made a significant impact in the world of high-end headphones. Founded in 2008 by Sankar Thiagasamudram and Alexander Rosson, Audeze emerged with a mission to create headphones that would redefine audio quality and deliver an immersive listening experience. The company is based in California, USA, with their headquarters located in Santa Ana. Audeze is highly regarded for its planar magnetic technology, which allows for exceptionally accurate and detailed sound reproduction. Among their impressive lineup of headphones, the LCD series stands out as their flagship models, known for their exceptional clarity, wide soundstage, and luxurious craftsmanship. The Audeze LCD-5 and LCD-4 are widely acclaimed as some of the best headphones in the world, catering to audiophiles and professionals seeking uncompromising sound quality.

In South Africa, Audeze is represented by the BT Group (@AudezeSa ) who amongst others have in their stable BT Games and Bang & Olufson.
I (@drifter) am a reseller of Audeze headphones in Cape Town and you are more than welcome to contact me if you have questions. I can offer for demo the LCD-5, LCD-2, LCD-2 Classic Closed Backs, Maxwell.

Audeze website

Prices are dependent on the ZAR/US$ exchange rate. Below is the updated price list effective from July 2023.
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 18.24.05.png
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 18.28.02.png
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 18.28.24.png

Audeze is definitely my Kryptonite. Yes I only have LCD2s and for the last 5 years I have avoided testing any others, this way I can be "sure" I don't need them (well that is what my wife tells me I think).

Wait until you hear the LCD5.
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ I should warn you my wife loves murder mysteries, or as she calls it inspirational guidance, and she can read minds. I do confess I have considered selling my speakers and looking at something like this as we moved to an apartment and apparently my motto of my neighbour's will listen to good music whether they want to or not, is not universally supported. šŸ˜‡

Back