Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Best TV Wall Mount?

Cowboy

Administrator
I want to mount my old but heavy Sony Bravia 40" LCD above the middle monitor in the pic below. My biggest concern is not so much whether the wall can hold the TV, but whether I can ensure that I can align the TV exactly in the middle and still have the ability to move it forwards and backwards without affecting the way it aligns with the monitors. I know that there are some articulating arms available, but which ones will allow me to keep it dead centre?

(and yes, I know the mounted photograph is not dead centre - this is what drives me crazy...)

IMG_4947.JPG

I haven’t had experience with it myself, but saw an install @Morgan Irwin did with a Vogel’s mount, it certainly looked the business (like the best mount I’ve ever seen)

Yes, there are several Vogels tv wall mount brackets that would work for the requirement.
To be honest, I wouldn't trust any other tv wall bracket to mount any tv above those stunning apple cinema displays.
Send me a message and we can chat. Happy to see how I can assist.

Thanks Morgan. I had a look at the price point of the Vogels and I think many of them cost more than the TV I have does!

I might look into having something custom made. I don't think it will be that difficult to fabricate something that meets my needs.

Not a punt, but trust me when I say that having something reliable and stable designed and manufactured will end up costing more than an off the shelf solution. There are alternative brackets available from brands like Bratek and Linkqage, but I would not recommend using them.
Having installed probably around 100 Vogels brackets I can easily see where the value lies in these brackets.

Back