Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• You will find a new "Visual" section in the Classifieds. Sell your camera and visual related equipment here!

DAC options - help choose - topping Dx7s- topping E50 - Cambridge DAC magic 200

JoziNic

Hi all,

looking at trying an alternative DAC, currently running a TeddyPardo Teddy DAC (a great sounding DAC), but doesn’t have headphone out, and goes upto 24/192 (doesn’t support 176.4)

As I’m traveling in a few months I see a couple of options on the market namely:
Topping DX7s R5 500
Cambridge audio DAC Magic 200 R7 200

Both of the above have headphone out, and seem to support dsd 512 & 32bit/768kHz via usb (256 on the Cambridge)

The thinking is to have something that allows for headphones (& offers a bit more support in terms of frequency) & the hopes of course that they may sound better than the current DAC. Although I think to find one that does all 3 things at this price point will be difficult (I only have the budget to try 1, and then will keep which ever in my system does better and then put the other up for sale)

Advice or comments on experience with either as always appreciated

Back