Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

For those with Wiim’s into DAC’s any suggestions

JoziNic

Hi all, I have posed the below to the wiim forums also, and submitted a ticket but hoping perhaps someone here might be able to make a suggestion:

I am a recent owner of Wiim pro plus, and also a new to me DAC (TeddyPardo, TeddyDAC) And am playing off Roon, from a laptop in another room, using the wiim as an end point.

Playing the same 6 songs with the Wiim plugged directly into the amp via line out RCA & via coaxial out into the DAV

With the below issue:

Playing to the wiim - Line out directly to amp
Spotify: 320kbps, 16 bits, 44.1khz - plays fine
Roon:
44.1khz, 16 bits - gogo penguin plays fine
176.4khz, 24 bits - tsuyoshi Yamamoto- plays fine - source dsd64
44.1khz, 24bits - manu katche plays fine
88.2khz, 24bits - manu katche plays fine
96khz, 24 bits - manu katche plays fine

Into DAC
Spotify: 320kbps, 16 bits, 44.1khz - plays fine
Roon:
44.1khz, 16 bits - gogo penguin plays fine
176.4khz, 24 bits - tsuyoshi Yamamoto- shows playing on Roon, shows playing on wiim, no sound playing - source dsd64 - hi res light comes on - no sound playing
44.1khz, 24bits - manu katche plays fine
88.2khz, 24bits - manu katche plays fine
96khz, 24 bits - manu katche plays fine

Here are pics of Roon & also wiim app showing they playing but no sound playing, the DAC shows hires music playing but no sound.

IMG_3012.pngIMG_3013.png

Any ideas welcome

Before I did the above test on the same 6 tracks, I was fiddling with the audio output settings for coaxial & Optical on the wiim app, I changed it to the maximum sample rate & bit depth (24/192) when asked to play the test sound I did and heard the sound then selected okay and then whenever I played a DSD file it does the above, shows as playing in both Roon & the wiim app, but there’s no sound (& the DAC says it’s playing hires”

If it helps I did also then try change back to different sample rate or bit depth and when asking to play the test sound I then didn’t hear any test sound at all

I looked up specs for the DAC, I do not see a mention of DSD anywhere, could it be your DAC does not decode DSD? Forgive me I am also new to the DSD format.

Back