Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Fujifilm X100VI Announced

Wow, this does look friggin cool! Looks like a Leica so it's got my vote in that department. Question is, can it compete on the optics level?

Wow, this does look friggin cool! Looks like a Leica so it's got my vote in that department. Question is, can it compete on the optics level?

I have no doubt that it will perform spectacularly. Fujinon glass is outstanding.

I love my original X100.

Wonder what it will cost in SA - 38k? I gave up looking for a X100V, either local scams or exorbitant prices

Wonder what it will cost in SA - 38k? I gave up looking for a X100V, either local scams or exorbitant prices
Cameraland's pricing doesn't seem too bad. They've been a reputable photographic user since the days when I studied photography.

Cameraland's pricing doesn't seem too bad. They've been a reputable photographic user since the days when I studied photography.

Unfortunately seems to be a "wish list" item. Over the last few months I followed up on a number of X100Vs - two definitely scams, two seemed real but concerned about camera condition, and then one X100 or X100F(?), real deal for sure but VERY well used. I'm sure the prices on the V will start dropping now. In the meantime, I resurrected my Lumix DMC-GM1 (only 16MP) with two Olympus lenses, great fun.

Eddie, I am sure I can source an X100V. I will find out from my sources if there is one available locally.

That is spicy.

According to my Fujifilm contact there are no new X100V's in SA at the moment that he knows of. If you want this X100VI I suggest getting an order in ASAP.

No sticking with my X-T3 with fast primes for the moment

I cannot believe that camera is R31k

We can blame smart phones and their cameras for that. The camera manufacturers have been on the declining edge of product proliferation for many years now. The crazy prices of new high end gear is testament to the fact that their cash cows (P&S cameras that every amateur used to buy) have been butchered and fed to the likes of Apple and Samsung.

The new Panasonic G9 ii will likely cost around R50k if it ever makes it to these shores (officially). That's an MFT camera.

There is some irony in this and it has been said that if the mainstream camera companies like Nikon and Canon invested more in software development the point and shoot could have been more ubiquitous. Instagram directly from a P & S on Wi-Fi comes to mind, studio lighting in Portrait Mode etc.

Funny, I wrote this piece exactly 10 years ago on the subject of how camera makers were dropping the ball. The comments that followed made for interesting reading from the DSLR heavy weight users.

Funny, I wrote this piece exactly 10 years ago on the subject of how camera makers were dropping the ball. The comments that followed made for interesting reading from the DSLR heavy weight users.

I enjoyed that

Back