Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Lights for YouTube video creation

mygoggie

Administrator
I know this thread could create some interesting opinions and feedback. 😉

I would like your opinion on lighting equipment for making workshop based videos and then possibly use the same for outdoor filming in shaded conditions such as under trees. I do some work outside due to fumes etc!

LED lights. The basics. You would want a light that the colour temp can be adjusted, as well as the levels. This allows matching whatever environment you in And the lights stay unobtrusive with no colour cast in the videos. They are light in weight and compact in size.

normally 2 or 3 lights are the minimum. Two types, a flat panel for area lightning with barndoors and/or diffusers for each light. Then a focusable light if you want to film small or finicky items. These are the basics. Again budget and used ones is a good saving.

LigteGroetnis

For starters, if you shooting during the day, natural light is free, you can use that a lot without adding any extra. A good way to start, especially outside. Then get or buy a white reflector, it can be as simple as a polystyrene board, cheep and more than good enough to bounce some light into shadows.

BouncybouncyGroetnis

Last edited:
For starters, if you shooting during the day, natural light is free, you can use that a lot without adding any extra. A good way to start, especially outside. Then get or buy a white reflector, it van be as simple as a polystyrene board, cheep and more than good enough to bounce some light into shadows.

BouncybouncyGroetnis
Lekker lag ek nou oor die BouncyBouncy! 🤣

Godox. Everything you need you'll find here.

I would go for the SL-100Bi lights with some Bowens mount modifiers. Outdoors you shouldn't need any lights. Use reflectors as Sarel suggested.

Back