Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• You will find a new "Visual" section in the Classifieds. Sell your camera and visual related equipment here!

Observations from the 💺rocking chair

Ai man, sit rustig terug in jou wiegstoel, vat nog 'n sluk boeretroos en geniet die pragtige sonsopkoms vanaf jou stoep. Die morestond het goud in die mond!

Nuweavontuurgroetnis

Sad day to learn of FDLSYS passing away. Many a chat, many a record and turntables and listening together over an espresso or a few beers. Bought some things from him, he gifted me a few things that I cherish. So it goes, we have much to be thankful for. The man certainly educated me, was a fountain of knowledge. I am sad and luck and grateful and happy all at the same time for having been able to call him a friend, what a loss.

In the rest of my universe, now darker for the loss, things have not yet settled down. Even tho the merger happend 4 months ago, there is more change afoot locally. It appears that the changes up to now were temporary at best. Now the real hard negotiations will begin. New employer yet again, still no office and new software back office systems to boot. All remote since we know when.... But, unlike our dear friend, we are still here, still working, still enjoying what we do.

I bought the Linn with Rosewood plinth and SME arm from Mike https://avtalk.co.za/threads/rosewood-plinth-for-sondek.679/post-7602 and this will give me endless joy to use and enjoy his exceptional handiwork. I picked this up mid November from Mike after he installed the SME arm for me. Managed to get hold of a Grado cart for this SME Linn combo, schweet.... Grateful forever.

photo_2024-03-24 09.58.35.jpegphoto_2024-03-24 09.58.38.jpegphoto_2024-03-24 09.58.44.jpeg
linn sme.jpeg

HappySadGroetnis

The World is upside down. Well so am I, I guess. Being time constrained of late due to the career issues, still ongoing. I had to take a break over the long weekend, so went where there is no Internet or cell services. That was just to try and gather my thoughts.

In the distant past, there was this saying, get emplyed, there is security in that. My philosophy was always, use your brain and hnds, that is the only security. There is less than a handful of years before retirement. I have build a few businesses, change course a few times in my career. Now close to stopping this career, ether by retirement or being layed off, I am starting another business, not related to anything I do professionally. My electronics and computer hobbies became a career. Now another hobby is becoming a business.

Importation and distribution of car detailing products and equipment is the next adventure. Already signed up with a few vendors and getting the product selections sorted. I need some help (time constrained) in building a Wordpress and Woocommerce website. Referalls is welcome vi DM.

Groetnis en dankie

The current day job is proving to be a bit like going to the dentist, or taking medicine, a bitter and painful experience currently. There is no going back tho, so get it done and move on.... The target keeps on changing, people are resigning and this does not help either, so staying motivated, sometimes challenging.

Apart from the new online venture, this happened recently
IMG_20240228_081749 (2).jpgmerc sl500.png

And busy restoring this 280SE from 1984 :
IMG-20231124-WA0014.jpgIMG-20240125-WA0014.jpg

We busy busy, but still somewhat sane ;)

KanttotwalGroetnis

Back