Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Power Cable components

Stu_Mack

Hi all

I have the hair-brained idea to make up my own power cables, as I am still running on either the supplied power cable, or PC power cables.
I am running SA spec plugs, so would like to keep with those, so I assume a decent quality Ellies surge plug is fine for that end.

Now for the cable and the IEC plug end of the cable. I have no idea on who makes these bits and pieces to be able to DIY some power cables.
Which brands should I be looking for, are they available locally or am I better off getting Amazong to bring them in?

Hi all

have
I have the hair-brained idea to make up my own power cables, as I am still running on either the supplied power cable, or PC power cables.
I am running SA spec plugs, so would like to keep with those, so I assume a decent quality Ellies surge plug is fine for that end.

Now for the cable and the IEC plug end of the cable. I have no idea on who makes these bits and pieces to be able to DIY some power cables.
Which brands should I be looking for, are they available locally or am I better off getting Amazong to bring them in?
Go to an electric wholesaler and get good 3 core cable and plugs. Some even has screened 3 core cables.
The price should be reasonable.

Stu if you go with shielded cables may I suggest you compare the sound with it "activated" and not (my definition here being that the source side shield is connected to earth, it probably means other things)

Back