Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Prerecorded tape

Agaton Sax

It has become fashionable to like Reel tape. Is the spinning reels not the ultimate chick magnet? Hell no. it is a massive turnoff. I have reel machines everywhere. Nobody is ever impressed and I have had a few people asking my wife why I collect old 8mm film projectors as the visual quality is so bad. Experts and cognoscenti, you just cannot get away from them.

Anyway for some other reason, I wanted to compare Blood Sweat and Tears and found I do not have the album. I do have a commercial 1/4 track Reel tape that those with Nakamichi cassette players say is inferior to a cassette. Anyway judge for yourself: Recorded by a simple I IPhone thru the speakers.....Juggh

Last edited:
Back