Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Quality subwoofer for a stereo setup

Mr_B

Administrator
Website
https
Hi guys,

I guess I'm a bit of a bass head and I really want to hear what is happening between 20 and 35hz, if anything much at all.

I previously owned a REL Strata III, paired with mini monitors. It really helped me realise that a well integrated sub can have a roll of play even when accompanying decent floorstanders.

So the question is... besides the obvious REL options, which other brands make subs that are fast, articulate and musical that I should be considering? I've heard SVS and Velodyne are quality options, but keen to hear from the guys that know.

Thanks.

B&W DB1. Two opposed 12" units, 1000 watt amp. Goes down to 17Hz. Fast

Tip: Keep it away from the corner of the room. Don't let it overwhelm the stereo pair. If you can, roll off the stereo pair below 120Hz

But why change? Those are excellent subs

Upvote 0
Back