Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Custom Rosewood plinth for Sondek

DIY and custom designed projects
Looking good Mike. Had to operate a saw this weekend and then realised how much I miss doing stuff. Life just seems to hectic these days, so it's great if you can make time for hobby work.

Think I should buy one of these”Mutavdzic” special’s just as an investment, pretty sure their value’s a just gonna increase over time. 😜

Nee man, it's a Linn. You know, Scottish backyard barn product, hammered from a lump of raw iron over open pit fire, by men in skirts.
The men in skirts part has me convinced, I’ll probably stick with my Japanese one’s made by aircraft engineers, probably in a lab with nice clean lab coats and wearing proper underwear. 😜

Great job Mike, a beautiful combo. And an SME arm to me remains the most beautiful tone arm ever, even after 60 odd years!

I have never changed the rubber couplers on mine, may be time to check them. Are they readily available (3009 & 3012)?

-F_D

I have never changed the rubber couplers on mine, may be time to check them. Are they readily available (3009 & 3012)?
Normally yes, eBay and a few dealers in UK. Not too expensive but shipping is a blue murder.

Typically, decouplers either become too soft, perish or develop cracks allowing the rear stub to rotate.
If the rear stub hangs, rubber is done. If the rider weight side hangs, rubber is done.

Back