Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Spin Clean washer fluid

HOTaljaard

Where can I order Spin Clean washer fluid?
E-Phiphany is sold out.
Mr Vinyl also doesn't have it on their website anymore.

Couldn’t you just make your own? Distilled water, wetting agent, clean green, and alcohol? I doubt it’s highly proprietary

The interwebz says “distilled water and 99% alcohol in a 4:1 ratio and if you have it, a tiny amount of Ilfotol“

Upvote 0
Couldn’t you just make your own? Distilled water, wetting agent, clean green, and alcohol? I doubt it’s highly proprietary

The interwebz says “distilled water and 99% alcohol in a 4:1 ratio and if you have it, a tiny amount of Ilfotol“
Apparently the proprietary Spin Clean fluid includes a flocculant.
One could add floculant to the above universal formula. Builders Warehouse sell HTH and Bluechem flocculant for use in swimming pools.

Upvote 0
You can also get a chemical flocculant here if you so wish to add…

However what would the purpose of the flocculant be? In the case of a spin clean? To get the floating particles to sink to the bottom of the tray?

Upvote 0
10 percent IPA, 90 percent water (preferably distilled), a few drops of clean green. Should do the trick, then use distilled water afterwards. Rather that than buying a ridiculous premium thing.

The flocullant does sweet FA, the IPA and clean green provide the surfactant properties, you could add some wetting agent but frankly they are already there.

Upvote 0
Apparently the proprietary Spin Clean fluid includes a flocculant.
One could add floculant to the above universal formula. Builders Warehouse sell HTH and Bluechem flocculant for use in swimming pools.
Simplest flocculant is plain alum powder that you can get from your pharmacy. I would not add it though. Might crystalize in the grooves if record is not properly dried
10 percent IPA, 90 percent water (preferably distilled), a few drops of clean green. Should do the trick, then use distilled water afterwards. Rather that than buying a ridiculous premium thing.

The flocullant does sweet FA, the IPA and clean green provide the surfactant properties, you could add some wetting agent but frankly they are already there.
that IPA is Iso Propyl, and not Devils Peak IPA :-D

Upvote 0
Back