Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Starry photo of the day

Well then, seeing as Starry might be apt. My last night in Kommetjie at Casa Sounds Natural. My wonderful host Lance Dixon and Sons treated me like royalty, so I looked to the stars for some inspiration. The Casa in this photo is of a neighbours just accros the street from Lance. The Stars? Well they belong to all of us anyway..

67CE8EC1-8B42-4FF4-8F10-EA75E749BA12.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh!…. Apology, I see this is not really a general photo section, but actually to do with astronomy. OK, but I warn you, I know Henny Maas of “Sterre en Planete “ fame very well.. used to be a customer of mine long time ago. 😅

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to see the planet saturn, rings clearly visible, through a telescope I had back then. This was by accident as I was trying to find the moon and bumped the telescope. I was so humbled by the experience. Wouldnt mind getting another telescope again. Would have loved to have been able to take a photo of that.

Back