Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

The Audio Visual Boutique

JeandreB

Jeandre Botha obo The Audio Visual Boutique
Commercial Member
Website
www.avboutique.co.za
The Audio Visual Boutique is based in South Africa; and was founded in 2004 by Jeandré Botha.

The Audio Visual Boutique supply and sell audio visual equipment for bespoke audio and cinema solutions covering commercial and non-commercial (home) projects.

We have exclusive distribution rights in Southern Africa for the Brands we represent.

Our diverse network and partnerships with highly qualified individuals and businesses, both locally and internationally, enables us to offer a professional turnkey audio visual solution of the highest quality, reliability and performance.

We are in continuous search for new opportunities and products in the high-end audio visual markets to compliment and grow our business.

Our main customers are local dealers, custom installers of hifi- and home cinema entertainment products; as well as customers in the commercial audio visual markets.

We have an extensive dealer outlet network throughout Southern Africa, supporting our brands, viz.

(1) Meticulously designed, engineered and manufactured passive- and active hi-fi loudspeakers and amplifiers from ASCENDO

(2) Cutting-edge, next generation, 3D immersive home cinema speaker solutions from ASCENDO Immersive Audio

(3) A full range of high-end, innovative, beautifully-made and 100% Italian designed products from GOLD NOTE

(4) Legendary loudspeakers from Spendor Audio Systems in the UK.

(5) Exceptionally high quality home audio accessories from Furutech Co. Ltd. in Japan

(6) Multi-award winning CD players, CD transports, power amplifiers, pre amplifiers, audio streamers and DAC units from Cyrus Audio, UK.

(7) Exquisite high-end decoupling/damping hifi platforms and hifi racks from THIXAR, Germany.

(8) Ultra-high-end solid state amplifiers and phono preamplifiers from ASR Audio, Germany

(9) We are also an authorised Epson reseller, specifically focusing on their high quality home cinema projectors to compliment our existing brands

We regard customer satisfaction as our highest priority and provide products of the highest quality, craftsmanship and reliability, backed up by the most effective sales and manufacturer warranties.

The business is run by individuals with a love and passion for music and the home cinema industry. We are driven by a yearning to serve the industry and to see that our products are being enjoyed and appreciated by our customers.

The Audio Visual Boutique is based in South Africa; and was founded in 2004 by Jeandré Botha.

The Audio Visual Boutique supply and sell audio visual equipment for bespoke audio and cinema solutions covering commercial and non-commercial (home) projects.

We have exclusive distribution rights in Southern Africa for the Brands we represent.

Our diverse network and partnerships with highly qualified individuals and businesses, both locally and internationally, enables us to offer a professional turnkey audio visual solution of the highest quality, reliability and performance.

We are in continuous search for new opportunities and products in the high-end audio visual markets to compliment and grow our business.

Our main customers are local dealers, custom installers of hifi- and home cinema entertainment products; as well as customers in the commercial audio visual markets.

We have an extensive dealer outlet network throughout Southern Africa, supporting our brands, viz.

(1) Meticulously designed, engineered and manufactured passive- and active hi-fi loudspeakers and amplifiers from ASCENDO

(2) Cutting-edge, next generation, 3D immersive home cinema speaker solutions from ASCENDO Immersive Audio

(3) A full range of high-end, innovative, beautifully-made and 100% Italian designed products from GOLD NOTE

(4) Legendary loudspeakers from Spendor Audio Systems in the UK.

(5) Exceptionally high quality home audio accessories from Furutech Co. Ltd. in Japan

(6) Multi-award winning CD players, CD transports, power amplifiers, pre amplifiers, audio streamers and DAC units from Cyrus Audio, UK.

(7) Exquisite high-end decoupling/damping hifi platforms and hifi racks from THIXAR, Germany.

(8) Ultra-high-end solid state amplifiers and phono preamplifiers from ASR Audio, Germany

(9) We are also an authorised Epson reseller, specifically focusing on their high quality home cinema projectors to compliment our existing brands

We regard customer satisfaction as our highest priority and provide products of the highest quality, craftsmanship and reliability, backed up by the most effective sales and manufacturer warranties.

The business is run by individuals with a love and passion for music and the home cinema industry. We are driven by a yearning to serve the industry and to see that our products are being enjoyed and appreciated by our customers.
I can fully endorse The Audio Visual Boutique, both for their products and their personal attention.

@JeandreB welcome to our little, but growing, Hifi community! I took a look through your catalogue of brands and dang you have got some wonderful products to offer! I could see myself owning something "Gold Note" in the future!

@JeandreB welcome to our little, but growing, Hifi community! I took a look through your catalogue of brands and dang you have got some wonderful products to offer! I could see myself owning something "Gold Note" in the future!
Hey Mr B, yes GOLD NOTE we see as a brand that will soon take off....their products (and prices) are just crazy good....when you ready...let's talk;)

@pwatts Just read the Ascendo Coax D6 (passive) review on TNTnAudio and this caught my eye :

3D soundstage​

This is probably the area where these speakers perform better. The small cabinet, paired to the rather small coaxial driver, make the loudspeakers disappear. Ascendo describes this as “holographic spatial imaging” and I admit no better words could be used to explain what these speakers can do. The 3D stage they create is wide, deep and high, and also extremely detailed and stable. Voices and instruments live in a 3D space that surrounds the speakers, literally. There's a price to pay for such an “immersive” performance: find the sweet spot and stay glued there! Move laterally a little bit and almost all the magic is lost. They still image well, but that magic performance is no longer there.”

I like, like it a lot. And this is the passives. ( …and Some people don’t believe in imaging and soundstaging, “holographic spatial imaging” is surely going to blow their mind? 🤣

For those who asked, here are my overkill 4x CCRM-6P on the ceiling bulkhead for Atmos duty. Beautiful white piano-gloss.

IMG_20230928_114222_edit_32977283443925.jpg

IMG_20230927_100953_edit_250761044231.jpg

Back