Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• You will find a new "Visual" section in the Classifieds. Sell your camera and visual related equipment here!

Tripod or some kind of camera holder

mygoggie

Administrator
I had enough of falling over a tripod while trying to record a video of a workshop project. Not to even mentioning trying to hang a camera from something above my workbench and bumping it.

Please recommend what you would do to provide a stable camera, yet be able to move the camera frequently.

If you don't want to go to all that hassle to make one, you can buy an articulating microphone boom arm and a thread adapter so that you can use it with a camera mount. I have a few of the Samson MBA (there are 28, 38 & 48" versions) arms that I use on occasion to hold things like flashes and reflectors in the studio - they are pretty easy to position and will stay in place once you get the torque settings right. If you buy the Samson arm it comes with both a grommet that you can screw onto a work surface and a clamp that does the same thing. I'd recommend getting the biggest one possible, which is the 48" job.

Dutchdog was selling one on here recently.

Back