Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Vintage Audio Kit - Members' Pics

Not sure what the definition of vintage is, but here is my full NAD system (only missing a TT).
All components are over 20 years old. I bought the amp and cd player brand new, it was my second "high-end" hifi which I bought when I landed my first job. The first hifi was a smaller NAD system that I bought when I was a student.
The system is in daily use.
C320 amp
C540 cd player
C420 tuner
613 tape deck

IMG_6261.JPG

😂😂😂 - I didn't know that they were still in existence! It used to be a great store to shop in, bought my Rex output transformers for the Mullard 5-20s amps as well from them.

-F_D
The Durban branch is (if it's still going) mostly pro audio gear, though I recall it had some hi-fi stuff (going back more than 10 years).

Picked up an AR Cambridge A60 4 months ago and finally sourced a 5 din to mini jack just to see if the old girl works.

Volume knob needs a bit of maintenance as crackles when adjusted, other than that the unit sounds lovely, tested with el cheapo Sanyos as they were near by, and found myself listening for over and hour, will be connecting AR4X's at the weekend once I pick up some stands.

Question- for ya'll vintage folk - what are the white connectors (2nd pic) for and necessary to connect ?

0.jpg
1689237382543.png

Back