Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Vinyl LP Records

pieter78

Thought I would mention 2 pretty good, service wise, online, record shops.

The first one is Khaya Records. Paul is the chap there. Got some records from him. Packaged properly. Grading spot on. Came from Durban to my place in JHB within 3 days.

The next one is Music on Wax (or musiconwax), another Durban based shop. John Hough is the guy.
Literally what you buy today you get tomorrow to your door pretty much anywhere in SA. Same as above, spot on grading and no hassle transactions. Does not use Postnet but rather Express Service to have your item with you quickly, you know, for that urgent House Party or "oh sh@t it's his/her birthday tomorrow".
Paul also says he can get pretty much anything. So give him a shout if you are in need.

If you have used any other Shop please list them here.

I

Paul is great and has been a diamond geezer for records since I started buying vinyl again. Don't have any experience with music on wax, but will check the website again (,nothing took my fancy last time)

Have purchased from Paul, agree with the sentiments above.

Had a bad experience with music on wax - got sold a used LP as brand new. Twice I suspect, once for definite. First time I suspected something was off, let it go with a shrug. Second time I had my suspicions confirmed by the distributor in the Netherlands. Never used John since.

As always caveat emptor, & YMMV.

Have purchased from Paul, agree with the sentiments above.

Had a bad experience with music on wax - got sold a used LP as brand new. Twice I suspect, once for definite. First time I suspected something was off, let it go with a shrug. Second time I had my suspicions confirmed by the distributor in the Netherlands. Never used John since.

As always caveat emptor, & YMMV.
I will proceed with caution, thank you.

Back