Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

What's in my tray, today...

What is in your tray, today?

And name the CD/DVD/SACD player! Mine tonight is the Arcam Alpha One with Arcam Alpha BlackBox DAC.

All I notice are the two beautiful 5-10s, but you do realise that Port is red light, Starboard is green light - you need to swap them around :cool:

And your On/Off switch is upside down! :sneaky:

-F_D

All I notice are the two beautiful 5-10s, but you do realise that Port is red light, Starboard is green light - you need to swap them around :cool:

And your On/Off switch is upside down! :sneaky:

-F_D
Yes, and no. If I am on the boat, my port light is red. If I am looking at a boat (coming towards me) the red light is on the right. Here I am looking at the boat, I am not on it! And yes, those pesky switch plates that spin around when you fasten them…

I'm on the last disk right now. They were all a very pleasant surprise, especially the Gomez album. I have until now never heard of them. Unfortunately The The is having some issues playing as there is a massive scratch on the playing surface. Most disappointing!

I very often buy loads of cheap American import CDs by groups/artists I have never heard of before.
I must say it probably comes down 45/45 between ok and rubbish, but then there is the 10% that
are utter gems!

Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers* – Moanin’.
Not Now Music – NOT2CD344.
2 x CD, Album, Compilation, Reissue, Remastered, Slipcase.

Moanin' is a studio album by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers,
released in January 1959 by Blue Note Records.

1695399024248.png

Reactions: HB.
My eyes are once more diverted to places other than the Album you're playing, firstly to your wonderful amp (although we need to come up with something to fit those holes in the front) and then the Kenwood TK270-G radio with the KPG-56D programming cable... :cool:

-F_D

My eyes are once more diverted to places other than the Album you're playing, firstly to your wonderful amp (although we need to come up with something to fit those holes in the front) and then the Kenwood TK270-G radio with the KPG-56D programming cable... :cool:

-F_D
Yes, a great little VHF radio, Eric! And the holes ... one day.

Sinikka Langeland – The Land That Is Not.
ECM Records – ECM 2210, ECM Records – 276 2036.
CD, Album.
Germany, 23 September 2011.
Double Bass – Anders Jormin.
Drums – Markku Ounaskari.
Lyrics By [Poems By] – Edith Södergran (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9), Olav H. Hauge (tracks: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11).
Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Trygve Seim.
Trumpet – Arve Henriksen.
Vocals [Vocal], Kantele – Sinikka Langeland.

1695572218339.png

Back