Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

What's on the Turntable

IMG_0446.jpeg
2022 - EU, Riverboat records - Guy Buttery, One Morning in Gurgaon.

Definitely a move to more of an eastern world music, enjoyable nonetheless

Last edited:
IMG_0448.jpeg
2021, reissue - Music on vinyl, Timeless records - Pharoah Sanders, Moon Child

Such a great record from start to finish. Eclectic but not esoteric. Worth a listen for the jazz fans

plankie phono stage is almost done.
Once completed, I will participate heavily in this thread.
ToDo:
1.) solder signal wires to the pcb
2.) mount rca plate with screws.
3.) get a connector block from hardware shop, and wire in mains.
4.) (optional) wire in a 100w incandecent globe in paralel to mains before initial startup.
5.) secure the terroidal with something.
1689018213172.png

No dedicated vinyl section?
It seems that all audio & video related discussions will be housed under audio /general discussion section (vinyl included)
And that there is a dedicated Vinyl for sale section in the classifieds
Trying to see if we can use tags on posts to make search easier to find

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (Live At Wembley 1974)​

The legendary Dark Side Of The Moon performed live in its entirety at Empire Pool Wembley 1974.
Gatefold, 180 Gram, 50th Anniversary.
Pink Floyd Records – 0190296203664.
Recorded At – Empire Pool, Wembley, mixed by Andy Jackson.
Pressed By – Record Industry.

LP in gatefold sleeve, with two posters featuring design by Ian Emes and Gerald Scarfe. Cover design by Aubrey Powell/Hipgnosis and Peter Curzon/Storm Studios. Featuring original 1973 line drawn cover artwork by George Hardie.

25348-IMG-5417.jpeg

It seems that all audio & video related discussions will be housed under audio /general discussion section (vinyl included)
And that there is a dedicated Vinyl for sale section in the classifieds
Trying to see if we can use tags on posts to make search easier to find
No problem. We can stick with that approach for now. I don't think adding tags is a good approach, it turns into a tag hell, a separate section will work better, if warranted. Apologies, this should have been raised in the appropriate section. My next post will be related to topic.

The Doors - Live At The Bowl '68. Recorded on July 5, 1968 at the Hollywood Bowl.
180G 2LP Gatefold.
Elektra – 8122797119 / Rhino Records – 8122797119
This pressing includes three previously unreleased tracks from the performance. Technical issues with the recording of "Hello, I Love You," "The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)," and "Spanish Caravan" prevented them from being released in the past.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-11 at 17.24.08.jpeg

Back