Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Custom Wolverine Slow Build

DIY and custom designed projects
Nice going! If I may recommend, change the single point grounding screw to a bar connection strip/block.

This works the easiest. You can get different wire diameter versions.

1715593400104.png

Thanks, I might do that. I generally follow the T-Ground schema.

Currently, the ground screw you see in the images isn't the signal ground point.

It's structured like this:
Signal Ground + 0V Line > Ground Lift > Chassis Ground

The earth wires going into the Chassis Ground point are
Mains Earth + Ground Lift
Power Cable Shields

Here's a better view.

So, the Ground lift board has two spades that replicate a T-Groud. Top is 0V, bottom is PCB Ground. The screw terminal is then connected to Chassis ground.

IMG_1817.png

That's with 80% complete wiring. I still need to apply heat shrink to some cable and beaten things up a bit.
IMG_1818.png

So, the Ground lift board has two spades that replicate a T-Groud. Top is 0V, bottom is PCB Ground. The screw terminal is then connected to Chassis ground.

That's with 80% complete wiring. I still need to apply heat shrink to some cable and beaten things up a bit.
OK, yes, I was worried about ground looping and then a floating ground as a single bolt always have nasty way of undoing itself (breaker creep).

My workbench is chaos, I have two 3m workbenches, and neither has space right now!:ROFLMAO:

As you mentioned, I do like this terminal block. I found it on RS (I have used Nvent products before, and they are top-notch). I am going to buy a couple for future projects. It could be a better way to emulate a T-ground connection. I normally do a star washer connection at the chassis end with a riv-nut.

Looking good! As a matter of interest which cnc do you have? I built the 3d printed dremel cnc, works great but the dremel as a spindle I am struggling to keep stable. Thinking if I swop the dremel out I might have a much better product.

Thanks!

I built the MPCNC, and it runs on the Makita RT0700C.

The RT0700C is kind of the go-to router for DIY CNC if you aren't going for a standalone spindle. You'll find a lot of brackets for it.

The MPCNC requires a lot of 3D printing to build but is a pretty straightforward build. As others have succeeded, I tried it on aluminium, but it strains. I also built mine to handle larger pieces, so it's ideal on wood. It's pretty damn accurate if you make it carefully. Honestly, though, I think I am going to migrate to a fully metal CNC at some point, I've glanced at a couple of options.

I outsource all metal cutting and CNC work. A couple of years ago, I heard some wise advice from Paladin. The problem with CNC is that you must sit and watch the job because things can go spectacularly wrong. That part is a real pain in the A$$ with large jobs.

I outsource all metal cutting and CNC work. A couple of years ago, I heard some wise advice from Paladin. The problem with CNC is that you must sit and watch the job because things can go spectacularly wrong. That part is a real pain in the A$$ with large jobs.
True words spoken!

Back