Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Yamaha RX-797 : Any Opinions?

Cowboy

Administrator
Got a bead on one of these. Seems to be well regarded in review land, but given the age of it, are there any compelling reasons to avoid it?

Got a bead on one of these. Seems to be well regarded in review land, but given the age of it, are there any compelling reasons to avoid it?
price dependant. Get it. If you don't like what you hear, sell it again. Yamaha kit of that era were quite good and built well. 2c.

Upvote 0
I would get it. Alot of people on the olf forum would say chuck it in the bin. I disagree. These were pretty stable when hammered and it is a stereo receiver, made for being hammered. Also, some day it will be a true vintage beauty.

Upvote 0
I would get it. Alot of people on the olf forum would say chuck it in the bin. I disagree. These were pretty stable when hammered and it is a stereo receiver, made for being hammered. Also, some day it will be a true vintage beauty.
Thanks Pieter. The seller wanted a bit too much for it (R2899) and wasn't keen on negotiating it down, in spite of not having the original remotes, so I have passed on it.

Upvote 0
Back