Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Youtube music videos

Glen Miller - Long before my time but I still loved it, it will never die!

See this comment from the Youtube Video:
"@sandee3073 8 months ago
We were fortunate enough to hear the Glenn Miller Orchestra in Dallas two weeks ago. The orchestra has been touring non-stop for 80 years! At this performance, there was a 100 year old lady in a wheelchair who got up and danced along to the orchestra. The really amazing part: in 1942, this same woman danced in front of the REAL Glenn Miller and his orchestra in Norman, OK where they were performing. We will never see anything like that again. When she was 20, how could she have ever known that 80 years later she’d be dancing to this orchestra again? "

-F_D

I'm not generally a lover of Country music but every now and again comes a song that I simply MUST have. This is one of them, performed by LeAnn when she was only 14 years of age.

-F_D

I saw Smokie twice when they performed live in SA, and this song deserves another play - turn up the volume, clap your hands and sing along with it - like the Germans do!

-F_D

Last edited:
I remember Brenda Lee ("Little Brenda Lee") from my childhood days but have never seen a video of her, nor did I realise just how "little" she actually was.

Brenda Lee has an amazing voice as the video below proves, the audio quality is poor, I never looked for a better audio clip because this little girl has so much "gees" you just have to admire her prancing all over the stage and overlook the audio quality. She was 8 years of age when this video was shot..

She has an amazing string of hits, do yourself a favour and look them up. From Wikipedia: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Lee)

"Brenda Mae Tarpley (born December 11, 1944),[2] known professionally as Brenda Lee, is an American singer. Primarily performing rockabilly, pop, country and Christmas music, she achieved her first Billboard hit aged 12 in 1957 and was given the nickname "Little Miss Dynamite". Some of Lee's most successful songs include "Sweet Nothin's", "I'm Sorry", "I Want to Be Wanted", "Speak to Me Pretty", "All Alone Am I" and "Losing You". Her festive song "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", recorded in 1958, topped the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2023, making Lee the oldest artist ever to top the chart and breaking several records on chart.

Having sold over 100 million records globally, Lee is one of the most successful American artists of the 20th century. Her US success in the 1960s earned her recognition as Billboard's Top Female Artist of the Decade and one of the four artists who charted the most singles, behind Elvis Presley, The Beatles and Ray Charles. Her accolades include a Grammy Award, four NARM Awards, three NME Awards and five Edison Awards.[3] She is the first woman to be inducted into both the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. In 2023, she was named by Rolling Stone as one of the greatest singers of all time."

-F_D

At 79 years of age, Brenda Lee is still rockin'!

From Rolling Stone:
"Earlier this week, Brenda Lee became the oldest person to earn a new No. 1 hit as “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart 65 years after its original release. The singer celebrated the accolade with a performance on NBC’s Christmas at the Opry special, where she performed the holiday song in style."

Small in statute, huge in spirit! You go, Girl!

-F_D

That is magic and my wifes favourite, I still think this is the best Christmas song ever.

A lot of different versions on the net but this is as good as the rest, except that Shane has front teeth in this one.

Ingvar

mary fahl's "winter songs & carols" is one of my favorite christmassy type albums.
her version of cohen's "winter lady".

Incredible live performance

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back