Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Shake rattle and roll

Ingvar and other lovers of vinyl music replay

Please watch and listen to this video and tell me I have not gone mad or have gone totally deaf. Are both really the pinnacle of Analog replay as set up by the self-styled most advanced listener of all? Ebb, flow, the human touch? What is this, a trio of AI, the Defence industry and the Jacob Zuma Foundation playing Kraftwerk? They are really good Jazz musicians playing a really good Jazz song in the recording but I can't tell

Last edited:
I´m sorry Johan but I fail here, not hearing that much of music at all, some, perhaps, skilled musicians showing off, nothing more.

And this guy is supposed to be the most advanced listener of all? Can he open and drink a bottle of Allesverloren Tinta Barocca 2019 while listening to Warren Zevon "The wind", don´t think so.

BTW east wind records are among the worst waste of good vinyl ever, almost as bad as Sheffield Lab.

Ingvar

I´m sorry Johan but I fail here, not hearing that much of music at all, some, perhaps, skilled musicians showing off, nothing more.

And this guy is supposed to be the most advanced listener of all? Can he open and drink a bottle of Allesverloren Tinta Barocca 2019 while listening to Warren Zevon "The wind", don´t think so.

BTW east wind records are among the worst waste of good vinyl ever, almost as bad as Sheffield Lab.

Ingvar
Whatever the reason, I intensely dislike both. I suppose that is not universal but personal. It therefore warrants no further discussion by me,

Last edited:
Ingvar and other lovers of vinyl music replay

Please watch and listen to this video and tell me I have not gone mad or have gone totally deaf. Are both really the pinnacle of Analog replay as set up by the self-styled most advanced listener of all? Ebb, flow, the human touch? What is this, a trio of AI, the Defence industry and the Jacob Zuma Foundation playing Kraftwerk? They are really good Jazz musicians playing a really good Jazz song in the recording but I can't tell

I managed (forced) 60 seconds of each TT with that abominable racket. No discernible difference to my abused ears. That said, I fail to see how anyone can listen to 8 minutes of that (or anything for that matter), and then listen again on a different TT, and still recall the first 30 seconds in order to do a comparison.
I also stopped watching that channel ages ago - yet another "content creator" filling up data centres with terrabytes of rubbish and contributing to the demise of common sense.

Back