Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Now playing..

Try some Linda Perhacs (Paralellograms) as well. Top quality Laurel Canyon-esque folk.

Available on bandcamp to listen and youtube. Best option. Just buy the album. It is great.

Try some Linda Perhacs (Paralellograms) as well. Top quality Laurel Canyon-esque folk.

Available on bandcamp to listen and youtube. Best option. Just buy the album. It is great.

thanks - i do have a couple of linda perhacs albums, including paralellograms.
all very good, but i just never seemed to bond with them for some reason.

It is a beautiful day out here in the Boland today and have the day kicking off in the office.

Attachments

• IMG_20231109_084725.jpg
    IMG_20231109_084725.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 9
Well, seems that I need to replace a fuse on the second turntable so have decided that a bit of New Order on flac is the answer!

Lowlife

16996456455808942909709107856988.jpg

And now a bit of Revbjelde. Sometime folk, sometime jazz, sometime krautrock, sometime just out there. I do not even know where to start but they are great

enjoying this. simple, peaceful, with a really good singer.
perfect for doing company budgets on a sunday afternoon

a0026240546_16.jpg

Bit of a prog/post-hardcore listening session this evening:

At The Drive In - Relationship of Command
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

Will likely follow up with a bit of culture in the form of Harry Crews - Naked In The Garden Hills

A blast from the past compilation on tape I made around 1994? I remember listening to it on the ferry from Victoria to Seattle having swapped a Disposable Heroes T-shirt for a tour of the local parliament building and a tourist T (and some beers) with a nice young lady whilst waiting for the ferry. It is still sounding great with the likes of Chameleons, Sugar, Husker Du. Cornershop, Dinosaur Jr, Menswe@r, Elastica, Eggs and many more.....

Onto the more Rock section - Rollins Band God Machine, Soundgarden, Cop Shoot Cop- darn I was good if I say so myself!

Last edited:
Joy Division - Heart and Soul

Probably the best compilation I own, with everything they ever recorded and some live tracks. Awesome

Bark Psychosis - Hex

One if the bands labeled as post-rock when Simon Price had his little genre definition Thang. Basically, take Talk Talk at 'Spirit of Eden', add some dub, a little bit of Slint and you may get there. For those of us who were listening to the changes in UK music in the late eighties and early nineties, this lot have as much in common with Napalm Death and the industrial scene (Godflesh) as Talk Talk. A bit of A.R.Kane a bit of Disco Inferno, and a clear influence (if any was needed) on Jesu (Justin Broadrick from Napalm Death and Godflesh). Just great indie spindly guitar, jazz background and murmured vocals with a slow fast dynamic. Well worth it.

Only stupid bastards take heroin

New Model Army - The Ghost of Cain

Another blast from the past brought about by talking about music earlier in the pub. Saw Slade and Joolz do an acoustic set back in the day in a pub backroom complete with a selection of NMA classics either in an acoustic style (The Hunt, No Rest, 51st State, Christian Militia, etc.) Or with a siren reading them as poetry (along with her own poems) with a bit of acoustic guitar backing (Vengeance was the stand out for me). As a 16 yr old, I was tolerated by the pub but couldn't buy more than a half at a time, and then my mum picked me up (she was allowed in for free in time to hear Vengeance and 51st State and make me feel very embarrassed)

Back