Welcome to South Africa's Audio Visual community!

Welcome to the home for South African audio and visual equipment owners and enthusiasts. Whether you are an audiophile or a hobbyist, feel welcome to join us in the exciting discussions about amplifiers, turntables, receivers, speakers, projectors, screens, restoration and new projects, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and so much more!

• The image upload funtion has been upgraded! Enjoy!

Picture of the day

You forget to caption... First post of 2024... damn nice focus pull on this one!
Thanks Bretton. This is the OG X100 with its 23mm f/2.0 lens. Not bad for an old one lens camera from 2012.

I cut off the two pins when I can and replace with a three prong plug
I actually prefer the 2 pin plugs because they are smaller. I don't know what has happened to the new system we were supposed to be converting to - you know, the one that looks like a Euro 2-pin but has a 3rd pin for the earth.

Why do you say that?
They are unobtainium. Ridiculous prices on the used market and Fuji cannot keep up with the demand. It's kind of become the Leica M of hipstergrammers. They buy them and keep them in the wrappers, maybe try to resell them for 2-3x the original retail value.

They are unobtainium. Ridiculous prices on the used market and Fuji cannot keep up with the demand. It's kind of become the Leica M of hipstergrammers. They buy them and keep them in the wrappers, maybe try to resell them for 2-3x the original retail value.
Got you, many people all over the world own one, but many don't use them - because it's an investment, never mind that it's a good camera. I'd gladly be a hipstergrammer to own one.

DSCF0605.jpg

Keep it square.

Not thrilled with this B&W conversion. I need to revisit the way this is done.

Fujifilm X100, B&W film simulation, murdered in Lr and then desecrated in Exposure X7. 😞

Back